vendredi 30 octobre 2009

Goodbye Chairlifts #2

Well, we don't know if we can write Goodbye Chairlifts 2009#2 or 2010#2.
We are now into the 2010 winter season.
And the 2009 number is used for the footage from last winter.

So, after the super early snow at Lautaret Pass last week, unfortunately the warm weather blew an all the snow is gone now...
No more snowkiting session at Lautaret Pass untill the next snow-fall.

But, I've been lucky, I had to work on the main glacier here, not really far from Lautaret, in Les 2 Alpes ski-resort.
At the altitude 3.600m, there is a huge pass, called Dôme de la Lauze, connecting Les 2 Alpes to the slopes on the north side of the mountains in La Grave ski-resort.
This is a pretty dangerous place as lot of crevasses are on the way.
I come here a couple of times during the summer for my work on the snowpark so I can keep in mind the safe places and as well the other with the big crevasses. So when the pass is covered with fresh snow in autumn I know where to go snowkiting or where it is very dangerous and definitely not to go across.

Here is a short video showing how quiet was this session.
It was my first time with the Ozone Manta III 12m and I get immediately stocked with this so perfect kite.
A little bit too much powerful for my gentle style snowkiting spirit, so I'll have to be careful this winter if the wind increases a step.



http://www.vimeo.com/7367472

But, today, when I'm writing to you, the cold weather is back already, it's snowing hard when I look threw my window, so next sessions won't be anymore at this dangerous place.
Lautaret Pass will be our favourite spot.
See you soon !!!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire