dimanche 16 novembre 2014

"La Croix de Fer" southern area


Not so easy to reach the spot with lot of snow on the road to get up-there.
At the end, about 20-30cm on the road, I had to put the chains on the tires.
Well, we parked the cars very far from our usual place because of the snow.
But the wind was here, blowing properly to the southern area of "La Croix de Fer" snowkiting spot.
On the image above you can see my friend Jeff who's starting to go (the cars are right behind the rock).
Once on the spot, the wind is pretty difficult, super gusty, changing from 5knds to 25knds all the time.
I got scared a few time with the 14m HQ Montana M8 I started with, so I changed for the 8m.
The snow is really amazing, about 40-50cm super light and fresh powder.
So cool to cruise around with such high quality snow.
This southern area at "La Croix de Fer" is really huge, we can cruise super long runs, and there are two main spots for impressive hill-gliding sessions.
I didn't go for it as the wind was really too much difficult for me, but my friend Francis was flying quite all the day long.
Well, I stopped about 3PM but my 4 friends kept kiting a couple of hours more.
That was a really great session anyway.

Here, I'm using the 8m and you can see the snowpack on the spot.
Super fresh powder snow.


:-)


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire